Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fat Loss Cleanse

I know I go on about body cleansing or detoxing constantly - but we honestly need a new way of thinking. You know, a new solution for fat loss.

Believe me, I've tried the old standard that is supposed to work; eat right for at least six to twelve weeks, exercise, drink lots of water, stay away from anything delicious including salt.

I've done these programs more than once with little success. And I'm not the person that gave up after a few days. I actually did these types of programs and stayed on them. I had love, support and money to buy what I needed. So what happened?

First of all, I have to say that I didn't come out of these without any benefit at all. I did learn some things about myself.

For example, I was shocked at how addicted to salt I had become over the years. When I first tried a diet that completely cut salt for the first two weeks, I became seriously angry as the days went on. I felt like throwing my food out the window! This couldn't be how we were meant to live, could it?

During this time I shrunk. But after a few weeks felt so out-of-control that I had to stop this program. Not only was I angry, but there seemed to be so much work involved to make food that I didn't even look forward to eating. I purposely stopped that diet out of rebellion.

I also learned that I loved to exercise. I love aerobics, lifting weights, running, rebounding, and kick-boxing. But they didn't do anything to help me lose weight. What kind of freak was I?

So I eventually began to believe I was destined to be a "big girl," as many had called me, which was weird considering I had tiny bones the size of a bird. But, at the same time, I must be a "big girl" because even when I exercised every day and followed my diet religiously with the help of my husband, I still could not lose the excess 35 plus pounds that had crept up on me.

Then I got sick. I had contracted Hepatitis C. The doctors wanted me to get sicker before they put me in the hospital. But I wanted to get well, so I tried the body cleansing and detoxification that friends had told me about.

Much to my surprise, not only did I feel better but I lost weight! What a nice side-effect, I thought. And to sweeten the pot, not only did I lose weight during my body cleanse, but it kept falling off over the next few weeks as I started going into a maintenance or health eating mode.

After I got healthy and more educated I eventually went from student to therapist to health center owner. I worked with hundreds of people, men and women, who had similar experiences. These people came in for various reasons and were surprised when excess weight came off, seemingly unexpectedly! Many of them asked me why. Why did the weight come off during a cleanse, yet never did with so many "diets" or weight loss or fat loss programs in the past? Why now?

I'm not sure for them. It could be that because of health issues they became more serious about the eating regimen. It could be that they were more focused on their health they didn't realize they were doing things, such as changing their diet, that would naturally cause their bodies to lose weight.

But I believe there is more to it, judging from my own experience. I believe that eating in a way that helps the body cleanse is different than dieting. Cutting out all spices, foods, dressings, sauces... and salt... to help you lose weight is not natural. Our bodies seem to prefer a slower, more gradual, more natural change. I mean, we didn't come out of the womb ordering cheeseburgers.

A fat loss cleanse diet should have allowances at first. Body cleansing is a natural process because your body has organs designed to detoxify and cleanse. The cleansing process will start when you alter your present diet.

A fat loss cleanse can help your body move out wastes that actually cause your cravings in the first place. This makes the eating regimen more tolerable as the program goes on.

A fat loss cleanse should incorporate herbs, and other foods that help your body cleanse, detoxify and adjust to getting waste out. Excess waste, as I've said in other posts, may be a storage house for environmental toxins that can do things like disrupt thyroid function. Moving toxins out may help your body balance once again to alleviate symptoms that may have stemmed from a thyroid that is not functioning properly.

The bottom line is that I believe many of us don't have to be destined to be "big." I believe that losing weight is hard, but I don't think it's because we lack willpower. I believe our bodies and minds need more help than a simple change in diet. And I think that help comes in the form of herbs, bodywork and knowledge.

I wrote the SpringClean Intensive to compete with another fat loss book on the market that I think falls short for the price. So I priced mine at about half of theirs but put in a lot more informative and professional information. I believe a body detox is an important missing link in weight loss and fat loss.

No comments: