Friday, July 25, 2008

More "Secrets" of Fat Loss

Okay - I'm going to spill the beans about the big secret of fat loss. In case you didn't know, in a previous blog I talked about being fed up with the "secret" phenomenon, because there really are no secrets to fat loss. It really is a marketing strategy. However, there is one, common-sense tip that everyone needs to know up front about fat loss.... You Have to do Something.

The first few days of any program are exciting and difficult. It doesn't matter if it is an eating program or a workout program, or both. Lifestyle changes are difficult. Knowing this ahead of time, you can prepare for the days to come to help you stick with your program. Plan your meals and schedule your exercise.

Here's what helped me

The thing that helped me most was deciding to exercise at home instead of in a gym. I have three children, so going to the gym was an ordeal. It was hard to find the extra time. Plus - kids cost money and another monthly payment for a gym seemed too much to take on.

I started by buying exercise videos. I had about 6 of them and found 2 that I like best. They were easy and required minimal equipment (a stepper) and not too long. Now I use a Bootcamp workout CD. It requires no equipment and I can do it in 40 minutes.

I also have a mini exercise trampoline. My motivation for jumping is fat loss, it tones all my muscles, and I know it helps keep my face from sagging (I am 46, after all). And best of all - it's fun.

Another thing that helps is body cleansing. I owned and operated a holistic health center for 10 years where I taught clients how to do this every day. The results I saw right in front of me gave me constant motivation. I knew it worked to help people get well, stay well, and stay looking great.

You don't have to own a gym or health center to have it in front of your eyes. You can read the many programs out there and read the testimonials. Look at the before and after pictures if they have them.

As I said before - the information is out there. You have to find it. But at the same time, you will have to put out money - but not that much if you don't want to. You can find excellent fat loss programs to help you on your path for around $40-$60. In my case, my CD was about $40 and my exercise trampoline was about $250. I've had this trampoline for about 9 years and I can tell it will last me at least another 15 years - well worth the investment.

So - to help you start motivating yourself and learning, here is a small list of some of the various programs out there.

Turbulence Training - This is an at-home workout designed for fat loss. Good for saving time because this one understands that you don't have to workout for hours to lose fat. It also has good before and after pics.

Truth About Abs - Here is an excellent and motivating program using diet and fat loss exercise. Again - you don't have to put in loads of time. The eating plan is up-to-date with some of the best information you will find. I believe those who purchase this program will be positively changed for life. The principles that you learn will stay with you for the rest of your life. You may also learn how a healthy lifestyle change can be easier than you might think.

Fat Secret - I know, it uses the "secret" thing... but, although shocking, is a fantastic program. In fact, the "secret" may be appropriate since this is no mainstream fat loss program. And it does work.

UPDATE, March 25th, 2010
I have created my own ebook about the real "fat loss secret." I felt the above ebook was lacking in a lot of info for the money so I wrote a better one. It has more info, a way to tailor your own program, and is actually five cleansing programs put together to make the SpringClean Intensive Weight Loss Detox and Fat Loss Cleanse. I hope you go check it out.


I love this program since having been a Nutritional Counselor for the past 15 years. During this time, I've worked in the holistic health field. Holistic health is a far cry from traditional medicine so there are certain principles that might seem "crazy" at first. Since this program is based on holistic principles, you must read with an open mind.

Get started reading and motivate yourself. When you decide which program you are going to do - commit yourself to it. There is no magic pill for fat loss - although there are supplements that will help with fat loss. Nobody can come to your home to make you eat right or exercise, but others can teach you. Ultimately, it is up to you.

2 comments:

vitakkaman said...

Hi CJ,
I experienced 12 inches off my waist, from 120kg to 70kgs, in 6mths. I got photos to show for it. I did it and I'd like to share it with you here:

http://dailyrun7117.blogspot.com/2008/07/obese-fat-to-slim-in-6mths.html

Regards,
James

Cindy said...

Thank you for that. I hope others will out your site and be encouraged by your strength and success. I know that it is possible for anyone to lose weight and/or fat and overcome health issues - but I think we all need motivation at certain points of the path. The more personal stories we are able to share with each other, the more inspired all of us will be.

Thank you, again, for sharing!